So, you want to ease your work while using Photoshop but the program is slow. Here are 7 tricks I learned and now shared with you.
Note: make the following settings with no file opened.
- Set Never Save for Image Previews (the temp file created by Photoshop will be less loaded)
- Set Use Lower Case for file extensions
- Deselect Enable Version Cue (if you use it leave it as it is)
- Set History States to a bigger number so you can undo even from the start (I usually leave it at 1000)
- Set Cache Levels to 1 to speed up Photoshop
- Select another scratch disk besides the standard one at Scratch Disks – Photoshop usually creates big files on the scratch disks
- Select Enable 3D acceleration for faster performance
If you know other Photoshop speed tricks just leave a comment. Thank you!